The student news site of Pinecrest Preparatory Charter Middle-High School

The Crocnicle

• January 10Welcome to our new staff writers!

• December 31Happy New Year, Crocs!

MORE Clubs Options!!!!

Tiffany Pena, Staff Reporter

The adrenaline you get from playing a video game, the emotional feeling you get when you help out animals and the community, these have inspired students to take part in a variety of clubs. This year at Pinecrest Preparatory Middle High, new clubs were introduced to expand extracurricular activities. Students can now express their love for things as diverse as video game and animals, and help out the community in the process. E-Sports is a club in which “Students will compete, discuss and understand video games that are a part of E-Sports,” as club sponsor, Mr. Grana, explained. In a very different aread, the Lend-A-Paw club is sponsored by Mrs. Bourdon and its president, Daisy Fernandez, says “It’s a great way to spread awareness and teach others how to care for animals.”

Both sponsors seem very excited for their clubs’ first year. Mr. Grana is excited because E-Sports has played a big role in his life. It introduced him to lifelong friends and has gifted him many memories. In this club, students will be able to channel the hobby of gaming they probably already love for a higher purpose. Mr. Grana believes that the club represents competition, teamwork, integrity, dedication, critical thinking and plenty of fun! Some people do not really appreciate video games and think of this club as an unimportant one, but he also believes students can use it to learn to express their love for gaming more productively. The club currently has fifty-five members and is aspiring to grow.

Lend-A Paw club also benefits from a sponsor with a passion for the cause. In this case, its focus is animal rights and awareness. Leader Daisy Fernandez is looking forward to teaching students how great it feels to help and care for animals because they don’t have a voice; she wants members to be their voices. Sponsor, Mrs. Bourdon, and leader, Daisy share a love for animals; now, they want to instill this in other students. Active members will learn compassion and responsibility by working with animals, by finding homes for them and giving donations like food for the shelters that need help. Seventy people attended the first meeting and eveAt ryone hopes the enthusiasm to help animals continues to grow.

In the Croc Wetlands, interests differ, but the passion for community service does not. Both of these clubs hope to make a positive impact upon their members, and society as a whole.