The student news site of Pinecrest Preparatory Charter Middle-High School

The Crocnicle

• January 10Welcome to our new staff writers!

• December 31Happy New Year, Crocs!

New Apple Products!

Company shows off new 2015 lineup

Drake Bringas, Staff Reporter

On September 9th, 2015, Apple had its special event of the year to announce exciting new products and updates! Some of these products included the annual release of the new iPhone, the new iOS 9 update, and the new Apple TV model. The Apple event took place in San Francisco, California at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. The event in total, took around two hours; Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, presented the event with guests he brought to help demonstrate some of the new products. He then capped off the event by having OneRepublic give a stellar performance.

The biggest release of the event was the new iPhone 6s and 6s plus. The iPhone 6s and 6s plus both look the same as last year’s model, but with some great improvements. In its new commercials, Apple describes the new iPhone saying, “The only thing that’s changed is everything.” It will have the new iOS 9 update, improved finger Touch ID, a 12 MP camera with 4K recording, A 5 MP FaceTime camera, new Live Photos feature, and all new 3D Touch. Plus, there will be a new rose gold finish in addition to the three older finishes! The new iPhone was released on September 25th, 2015.

There will be another exciting addition to the Apple family with the release of the iPad Pro and Apple Pen. The new iPad Pro is one of the most powerful Apple devices, all within 12.9 inches. iPad Pro is larger, yet thinner, and well designed to be a fast and amazing device. With its A9X chip, it has the power to multi task and edit 4K videos just like a desktop computer. With the new IPad Pro also comes the release of one of its powerful accessories: the Apple Pen. The pen is designed for the iPad Pro and is used for tasks such as advanced multi touch and shading for drawing.

There will be also be an overdue update of the Apple TV! The TV will have two new models: one with 32GB capacity and the other with 64GB. The model itself will be thicker than the previous model and the remote is completely redesigned. The remote will have a touchpad, Siri button, Bluetooth 4.0, and a motion sensor. Apple has added their app store to the TV as well. Plus, it is now possible to play games through the Apple TV, including multiple player games!

At PPMH, the new iPhone 6s’ were a topic of conversation from day one, as many students counted down to the long-awaited day of its release. Others used iPadPro’s useful Apple Pen feature to take notes in class. The only thing missing from campus was a few Apple TVs!

For more information, visit Apple’s website at www.apple.com